Saturday 5 September 2015

SUMMER ESSENTIALS

Hello all!

So the summer holidays are officially over for me! (cries) I had one of the best holidays ever and I didn't have time to do any blog posts! So I thought a good one to do would be my essentials on holiday! I have a lot of things that I thought were really useful for travel in general or the specific place I went. (America)
My essentials very from makeup bits to books, music etc. so lets get started


Books
For me books are essential because when you're in a car or a plane and you have nothing to do you can read! on our first 8 hour flight there were no TV's so reading was really good and gets rid of a lot of time!
The two favourite books I read on holiday were The third in the maze runner series called 'The death Cure' and the second in the unwind series called 'Unwholly' (legit best series every you need to read this)


Colouring book + Pens
Like the books, I loved colouring on the plane and THESE PENS OMGGGG! They're amazing (from muji). I love colouring it's really calming and relaxing and extremely satisfying when you colour the whole thing in!

Sleepy wings
I. AM. OBSESSED. This game is my new obsession. I went on this all the time and still do because it's so fun and addictive and I've gotten to a really high level. so deffo get this game if you want to easily skip some time.


Nail varnish
I think that this is essential for holidays as if you have your flip flops on you don't want people seeing ya nakes toes and personally I think it's great to add some colour to your pinkies! My two favourites were this bright pink from jack wills and the bright mint green from kiko! They also make you look really tanned, as they're light so it's great for vampires like me!

Eyeshadow Pallet
Pallets are great for holiday because they take up less room and everything is in one place! Also I didn't want to take my chocolate bar pallet or any other expensive ones in case they broke on the plane, so I bought this one by makeup revolution from superdrug for £4!
The quality is amazing and it's actually a dupe for the naked pallet, so it's perfect for every occasion! Deffo need to get some more of these!

Lip balm
When you go to hot countries, its important to stay hydrated, and for me my lips are the first thing to get cracked and dry and gross! So I always make sure to have a lip balm on me and my favourites were Vaseline and an eos as they are easy to use and fit easily in a bag or pocket! Also they both have special formulas that help to fix your lips!

Waterproof Mascara
I looooove this stuff! Obviously makeup melts off in the heat and everytime I laugh I cry so I thought a waterproof mascara would be a good idea! This one is from essence and it was only £2.50 and the wand is really good and adds loads of volume and still stays on all day! I even went in the ocean and the pool and it didn't smudge at all! also it comes off without scrubbing as well! So all around perfection in a mascara!

After sun
Finally for my summer essentials I have aftersun! I burn like a piece of paper in a fire (even with factor 70 on) so this is essential to make sure I don't damage my skin. Of course I wear a lot of suncream but the sun can still harm you with it on. So this particular one was really good because it wasn't too thick but was still cooling and refreshing! Also after sun is amazing for keeping that bit on tan you do get! (even if its just on your shoulders like me!)


I hope everyone had a good summer and enjoyed reading my post! What's your favourite summer essential??

Thanks for reading :)
Fern :)






<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14017483/?claim=3esndym2sna">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment