Sunday 6 December 2015

BEST HIGHLIGHTERS FOR PALE SKIN

Hello all,

For todays post i wanted to talk about what is probably one of my favourite parts about make up, Highlighter! As if you're like me and aren't content with your face until you look like a disco ball you need to get your glow on! 
Everyones gotta have that glow but for us pale skinned babes it can be hard to find one that isn't too light, or too dark, I always found it hard to find the perfect shade, so i decided to make this post to help some of y'all out! Also, these all look amazing on every skin tone, just the ones i have found work for my pale complexion!
Also, i was planning a november favourites but i didn't have much that varied from october, so instead i may do a christmas essentials or christmas prep! 
I hope you enjoy! 

the beauties
Elf  blush- gotta glow 

This highlighter is AMAZING!
It's supposed to be a dupe for the NARS albatroz, but it's only around $3!
It is a golden yellow, which is sooooo pigmented it's crazy! On pale skin it shows up so clearly and isn't just glittery, its dewy and makes you look naturally highlighted. I love using this on my brow bone as well for this reason.
Also, if you love dewy skin, I think you could use this as a setting powder as it lasts all day! I jut love this sooooo much, and it's so cheap as well!


As you can see from the picture its crazy pigmented (thats just one swipe!) and the packaging has a little thin mirror in it! So you can see your cheekbones close up and brow bone as well! Deffo a need for my pale skin girls!

MAC - mineralised skin finish 'Soft and gentle' 

This highlighter slays my whole existence, literally. If you wanna get that glow this will be your queen.
It adds such a stunning golden glow which stands out beautifully in the sun, or in the dark, literally you can see it everywhere! you only need one swipe of your brush to get a crazy pigmented and if you're like me and want to be seen from mars, this is the way to go!
I also love this because it doesn't look muddy or dark on us ghosts so its perfect to pack on, and it also looks stunning as an eyeshadow!

Milani belle eye shadow - Belle chiffon 
I am v proud of this pic - look at that quality yaaaas
This beauty is actually an eyeshadow, because who doesn't love a multi-use product! (my purse deffo does)
This shade has a similar colour to the elf blush, however it's more golden white than yellow, meaning it's a bit more sheer but in the right light it's like BOOM!


In this pic you can see the shade a bit better, and how gorgeous it is! It's also a really good brow bone highlight!(well duh fern it's a eyeshadow)
In addition, its especially good for pale skin as it's a bit more cool tone than other eyeshadow highlights, which is what makes it perfect for cheekbones - also its amazingly pigmented! It also works when wet, so you can get even more pigment out of it!


Ted Baker - Pearly pink liquid highlight

This product is a bit different from the others (gotta get a good variety in there of course) as it's a liquid highlight, rather than a powder (like the benefit high beam)
Its a really pretty light pink colour, which when you blend it out gives a really natural looking dewy finish, but it looooks so nice topped with another highlight as well as just leaving it on it's own! You could also mix it with foundation or concealer or use it underneath to get even more glow!


Above you can see how it looks when it's first put on and underneath that you can kinda see it when its blended out (lighting was not my friend) I find that these kinds of products blend out best when a sponge is used, as it doesn't absorb too much of the product. this has to be my new recent fave because its so easy to use and gives a different look to the others!

Benefit - watt's up

Finally we have benefit's watt's up! This is again a bit different as it's a cream to powder finish, so you put it on, blend it and it sets like a powder! It's a lot like MAc soft and gentle, except it's a little bit more sheer and lighter! 
I love this because it's easy to use and look at that packaging! It's so cute! 
It's also quite pigmented but i like to put a couple strokes on to get the intensity which i like - which is human disco ball! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading! What's your favourite highlight? 

Thanks again
Fern :)

p.s who like my new design?! I have a new header as well as a pastel background, which i think is sooo cute and just reflects who I am! let me know what your think!

No comments:

Post a Comment