Wednesday 15 June 2016

SUMMER HAUL

Hello all,

So, I went shopping...aaaand I have no money left. BUT It was worth it! I got everything I needed to get for summer, from clothes to shoes and also some makeup...(Not that I necessarily need more...but lets be honest you can never have enough) 
I much prefer to physically go into a shop to buy things, rather than online, as I love carrying shopping bags and looking around the shops and trying the clothes on, as my body is such an awkward shape (thankyou swimming for these huge shoulders) So when I go shopping, I go all out, which is why I have quite a few new things, so lets get cracking!
Also I've never done a haul blog post before, so let me know if you enjoy it!

First up, I went to Zara, an unusual spot to find me because sometimes It can be a lil pricey for my poor purse, but I saw a video by Emily Canham (I love her she's the bomb, and she's stunning so naturally, whatever she has, I want) where she had some really nice crop tops from there for a really good price so of course, I had to get on the bandwagon!

my arm is so pale it literally blends into the light..wow fern wow 
The first thing I got was this Pink crop top. I thought it would be great for the summer when it's really sunny and warm! I also love the colour, I have literally 0 pink tops (I'm more of a 100 shades of black kinda girl) so I thought it would brighten up my wardrobe a little bit! The halter neck/ racer style back makes it really flattering and the thin straps are perfect for getting a tan (or a burn in my case!) 

I also got the same style in a navy blue as well! (because you can never have too many crop tops) These two were £4.99 each, which I think is really good for Zara, as you know the quality is gonna be good, which it is. The material is really strong on these, which is good for a large-shouldered-lass like myself! Also the crop tops like this in Primark cost £5, so they're cheaper and better quality than primarny! 

Also from Zara I got this striped crop top. I wish they'd had a few more sizes in the other colours because I looooove this top! Normally, this style makes my shoulders look mahoosive (massive) but this top makes them look like a normal size! Also the horizontal stripes are really flattering!
This cost £3.99, which is again a really good price!

Finally from Zara I got this Khaki green bomber jacket. I've wanted one of these jackets for sooo long! I always think it's so awkward to find a jacket to wear in the spring/summer when it's too warm for a coat, but too cold for nothing, so this thin jacket is perfect!
I chose the Khaki green colour as everyone has black, and sometimes (always) my outfits need some added colour! 
This was a bit more pricey, £25.99, but it is cheaper than ones I've seen in newlook, and it fits perfectly. 

The next shop I went to was H&M, as I know I can get some good quality, pretty tops for a good price, and I had seen somethings I wanted from there online! 

First thing I got was this crop top. (I can't find it online, but I know you can get it in store still!) It's similar to the stripy Zara one, but it's a bit more floaty and loose. I love the colours, as it would go really well with denim or black jeans/shorts, and the design is so pretty! I also love how floaty and airy it is, perfect for those hot days when you don't wanna sweat it out in a tight top! 
I think this cost me around £5.99! 

The other thing I got from H&M was this Coral Bikini top. I saw this online and thought 'omg I need this in my life' So I went out and got it! I have about 3 other bikinis, however I wanted this one because it seemed 'safe.' And by safe I mean it will actually stay up when I do flips in the pool! I have a alot of bikinis that look nice, but don't get on very well with my active excitement as soon as I get in a pool, and this one has a crossed back and thick shoulder straps, so it should be alot more safe!
I didn't get any bottoms to match, because I already have some plain black ones from Primark that would match, why spend more when I already have some?! 
Also the bright colours will make me look more tanned (fingers crossed) 
This cost me £12.99, which seems to be the going rate for bikini tops, which is why I didn't get the bottoms as well. 

Next I went to primark (spent half my time in the queue because it's so darn long all the time) just to get some cheap flip flops! I got these because I wanted some that I could wear to the pool or beach everyday, and not worry if they got ruined or lost. I have some gorgeous flip flops from aeropostal but I would cry if they got ruined, hence why I got these.
They're quite thick, which is good so I don't burn my feet on the floor, or the plastic melts! These only cost me 90p, and were better quality than the £1.20 ones, so it's a no brainer really! (unless you wanted minions on your flipflops!) 

Now this is all the non-clothes/shoes stuff that I bought! (cos gurl you gotta treat yo self) 

So, my family has a thing about 'rescue friends' where if a toy is on offer, or is the last one and on offer, it needs to be saved and taken to a loving home. (I know, we're so sad) SO when we went in the disney store and saw this cutie, our toy-loving hearts couldn't resist! 
This is one of those Pop! Vinyl toys, and it's 'spot' from the good dinosaur (one of the only films I've bawled my eyes out at) AND he was on offer for £7.95 rather than £10, so I had to save him! 
(Also I saw him for £15 in HMV, so my bargain loving heart was also satisfied) 


From Primark, I also picked up a Carmex strawbery lip tube. (the link is boots sorry cant find primark online) 
I've always wanted to try these, as I've heard so many good things about them and so many people swear by it, so I got one and I actually really like it! The tube is so easy to use and the rounded applicator is so fun! I want to get a few more of these as I can tell it's a new fave!
This was £2 from primark.

Next up, the boots I went to (medowhall in sheffield) had a nyx stand! ( i say it as though i was suprised, the whole purpose of the trip was to go to this stand..)

The first thing I got was this 'nyx glitter primer' (its not on the boots website but you can get it in store) I saw so many youtubers using this and wanted to give it a try, as I always end up with glitter down my face or transferring into the crease.
I love the packaging for starters, the holographic cover is amazing! I have yet to fully try this out but will do a full review when I have!
It cost be £8, which is good I think as the urban decay ones are around £18.

From the nyx stand, I also got this Nyx brow gel in blonde. I really wanted to try this for so long, again as loads of youtubers use it and I love brow gels, rather than powders! This actually reminds me a lot of the Anastasia beverly hills dip brow pomade, which is my go-to so I look forward to having more of a play with this bad boy!
It only cost £5.50 as well, which I was pleasantly surprised by!

When I got in the shop, I literally ran straight to the lipsticks (I was shaking because I was so nervous they were all gonna have gone...what has my life come to) And I was so happy when they had some of the shades I wanted! These  are the Nyx lip lingerie  in the shades 'baby doll' and 'satin ribbon' I honestly can't tell you which is which, because they're so similar but different at the same time! I wish I'd gotten a darker shade as well, as some of them look gorgeous! 
These are matte and I tried one as soon as I had paid, and they're beautiful! So creamy and So matte! These are £6.50 each, which I think is amazing! Deffo need to get my greedy lil makeup loving hands on the whole collection!

Also from boots I finally got myself a Beauty blender! I'm so late on the bandwagon with this one I'm ashamed of myself! I LOVE IT! It's so bouncy and squishy and makes you looked so flawless it's worth every £16 I spent on it! And now that boots sell it, it's so easy to get your hands on! (I actually got mine online and bought it with my boots points!) 
I will be doing a full post about this in the near future! 

Next up I got some more shampoo! I have been using treseme lately, but I love head and shoulders for the summer, as it gets rid of all the flaky bits on your head you may get if it get burnt and their 2in1 is amazing for swimming and a quick but proper wash! These were on a 3 for 2 offer at boots, but I think are about £4.99 each.
I also love this as it makes your hair so smooth and tames my lions mane amazingly!

Finally, on my mad shopping spree I got 2 new books from waterstones! They were on a buy one get one half price, so they cost me around £12 for both, but are £7.99 each.
The first is the third and final in the '5th wave' series by Rick Yancey, and is called The Last Star. I've almost finished the second, so I need to be ready to go with the next one!
The other one is called Carry on by Rainbow Rowell. My sister loved the book 'fangirl, by the same author, and this book is the fanfic that one of the characters writes in that book, so I got this one for my sister, and I'll probably end up reading it as well cos I love a bit of cheesy vampire stuff!

Thankyou for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Let me know what your summer must-have is!

Thanks again,
Fern :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment