Monday 13 June 2016

THE BALM BON VOYAGE 2 PALET REVIEW

Hello all,

So it's nearly summer (WOOO) and that means teeny tiny little travel cosmetics and beauty products! It also means cutting down on makeup and trying to keep your suitcase to the max weight limit, something I find very hard when trying to cram in all the makeup products I need (not a want but a need) SO I have found the perfect solution to all our problems! 



When roaming around the wonderfully bargain filled shelfs of TKMAXX I found this beautiful pallet from The Balm! It's the The Balm Voyage 2, Travel pallet


For starters this pallet costs around £37, however you can get it at around £17 like I did from places such as TKMAXX and other online websites. Personally, I would not pay full price for this product, as the pan sizes are quite small, and I love a good bargain, BUT I deffo think it's worth the £17 I paid.

The pallet is such an amazing size for travelling, and will fit easily in any medium size makeup bag, or you could easily just take it on its own! Also, the packaging is really protective and slightly padded, so it wont break in transportation!

This pallet is perfect for everyday use on holiday, with 9 beautiful eyeshadows a bronzer, a highlighter, 2 blushes and 2 cream lip and cheek tints, all of which are so highly pigmented and the colours are beautiful, and I can imagine they would suit all skin tones! 

The picture here shows the 9 eyeshadows. As you can see theres a really nice range of colours, some lighter everyday ones and some darker ones, so you can really do all kinds of eyeshadow looks with them! Making them perfect for travel! Also the names are so cute, I think they mean welcome in different languages! 
My favourite shades would have to be 'Bienvenue' which is a beautiful rose gold colour, 'Tervetuloa' a caramel/burnt orange colour, perfect for the crease and 'Valkommen' which is a gorgeous deep purple with gold specks in. 

Next in the pallet you have the bronzer, blush and highlight colours. All of these are amazingly pigmented (I wish I'd known that first time using the bronzer...) and look beautiful on the skin! Not to mention the highlight..OH MA GAWD! It's so gorgeous and so stunning and the bronzer is the perfect shade to chisel out your cheekbones!
I'm not normally a blush type of person, but these two are so beautiful and don't look too crazy when you put them on, so easily bendable as well.
Another thing I love about these shades, are that you can easily use them as eyeshadows as well! I love using the highlight and bronzer as a super easy eyeshadow look!

Finally at the bottom of the pallet are the two lip/cheek tints. They are both quite summery and bright, but are so creamy and pigmented! (deffo reccomend using a brush to apply rather than just your finger, these bad boys are thick!) 
Personally, I would have preferred a more nude colour, but I will still get the use out of both of these! 

Here are some swatches! The two top colours are eyeshadows, Benvenuto and Welkom, as you can see they are super pigmented and feel so creamy! The next two at the bottom are the highlight and bronzer shades! LOOK AT THAT GLOW! They're so pretty and creamy, just like the eyeshadows!

Oh wow my hand looks so pale in this picture! These are the two creams at the bottom! They're so thick and creamy, and look soo pretty and pigmented when on the lips!

Overall, I think this is a beautiful pallet and is perfect for taking anywhere on holiday! It has literally everything you need for an everyday and night time look! Obviously you need to take any other makeup you need and brushes, but this is super helpful to stop you cramming in loads and loads of unnecessary pallets! (something I'm extremely guilty of!)

Thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed! Let me know your travel makeup must have!

Fern :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment