Friday 22 July 2016

BODY SHOP COLOUR DROPS REVIEW

Hello all,

As you most likely know, cream contour and highlight is a massive trend at the moment and as I am basically a vampire so it's very hard for me to jump on the band wagon without becoming an orange mess! However I have found the answer to all my prayers! 
The body shop have a newish product called the Shade adjusting drops which can alter the shade of you foundation or concealer to makes them lighter or darker and I absolutely love them!


The drops come in two shades, darkening and lightening, and they are £10 each, which I think is a reasonably good price as they are very good products.

Both of them have the little pipette pump thing, (I don't know the technical term) but it makes the product really easy to use, as you can't add too much! However the actual pump doesn't pick up more than a drop, so it can be annoying and tedious to keep putting it back in and out.


As you can see in the picture the lightening one is a stark white, and it is very pigmented. It's also quite thin so it won't make your concealer or foundation extremely thick or cakey. 


To create my perfect highlighting shade, I use a foundation as it's thinner than my concealer and I personally prefer a thinner layer to highlight as I don't need that much coverage on top of my normal concealer.
I like to use a small pump of foundation (this one is the l'oreal true match) and a single drop of the white colour, I then mix them together (with a brush or my finger) and once they've blended them out on the high points of my face it makes a really nice highlighted look!


Similar to the lightening one, the darkening one is very pigmented and has a thin consistency. I love this one especially as it is the perfect shade of brown (believe me there's a lot of shades) as it's a cool tone rather than a warm tone, so it is the most natural looking for contour. 



Again, I like to use foundation as it's thinner and easier to blend out!
I use a small pump of foundation and then one pump of the shade enhancer, mix, and it created the perfect contour shade for me, which is a very cool tone shade.

The reason I love these so much is because they would work for anyone and everyone! If you have darker skin and want to highlight, but don't want it too bright then this would be perfect as one drop would slightly lighten your matching foundation! It's great for everyone!

So here's my overall review of these products:

Pros:
*easy to blend
*easy to use
*create perfect shades
*work on all skin tones
*great it you fake tan and need to alter foundation shades to match

Cons
*The pipette pump is a bit awkward to use if you want more product
*Can make your foundation/concealer very thin - which would be a problem if you wanted this to lighten your foundation to match your neck.

Finally here is how my crazy contour face looks when it's all on!

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite way to contour is!

Thankyou for reading!
Fern :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment