Wednesday 14 January 2015

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Pallet Review...YUM

Hello all,

Sooo today I'm going to show and review for you on the Too faced Chocolate Bar pallet, which my amazing parents got me for Christmas.
I have no doubt that you've probably seen this pallet before on Youtube, blogs or wherever you see pallets, but it's quite well known and also a very popular product from Too faced




 
This product definitely lives up to the good reviews I've read, as it's deffo the best eye shadow pallet I've ever used.
 
There is a really good colour range in this pallet, with mainly pinky, purple, gold colours and includes 6 matt and 10 shimmery shades, which is perfect to create sooo many looks, You can create both dramatic, edgy, simple and soft looks with it, which is one of the main reasons I love this pallet.
 
In addition the pigmentation to these colours is so good! Which is only expected as it's such a high quality product. However, I do feel that some of the lighter shimmery shades are less pigmented, but that's probably only because I have vampire white skin, so they just wont show up as much.
 
There is basically no fall out with these shadows, which is great because no one wants eye shadow fall-out ruining your makeup, or it fading away halfway through the day.
 
Another thing I love about this product is the way it smells. It literally smells good enough to eat. It's scented like chocolate as the shadows are made with natural cocoa powder. Some people may find the smell overwhelming, however I think it has the perfect amount of chocolaty goodness to it. I find the smell quite subtle, but still there, and honestly I could smell this all day! (and as I write this I must look very odd, sat here, smelling an eye shadow pallet)
 
 



 
The packaging for this pallet is not only super pretty, but also feels very tough, sturdy and protective.
The actual pallet comes inside a cardboard packaging (as seen in the pictures above) which is a pretty pastel pink colour with Too face's logo on, and the title of the pallet. Then on the back of the box it tells you a bit about the pallet as well as the names of all the shadows inside.
Then the actual pallet looks like a chocolate bar! which I loooove!
The only problem I have with the packaging, and I know a few other people have said as well, is that the names of the shadows aren't on the packaging, just on a plastic cover that goes inside. which isn't really an issue to me as I would have kept it on them anyway, but it can be quite annoying at times.
However I do think on the newer packaging of this pallet they are printed onto it, so it may no longer be an issue!
 
 
Colour from left to right, top to bottom: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forrest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon-Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cola and Champagne Truffle.
 
I personally think the names are so cute because they're sweet and chocolate related, which obviously match the pallet's theme!
 
I use this pallet nearly everyday to create a natural look, here's what I do:
 
  1. Apply 'milk chocolate' into the crease
  2. I then pop 'white chocolate' all over my lid.
  3. After I apply 'champagne truffle' in the inner corner and brow bone to highlight.
  4. I then use a black eyeliner (gel or liquid) to create a simple, small wing.
This is such an easy and quick look to create, but if I want it to be a bit fancier I apply 'hazelnut' or 'semi-sweet' into the outer V to add a tad more dimension.
I really need to have a good play around with this pallet, as there are endless amounts of looks I could create! Which is why it's so great!
 
The last thing I'm going to mention about this pallet is the price. This is a high-end product, by a high-end brand, and believe me it doesn't come cheap! Its $49.00 which is around £32 ish (I'm no mathematician but Google is very clever). But believe me its definitely worth the splurge!
 
 
Thankyou so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this lil' review (well not so little) and if you did please comment saying if you would like more, or comment anything you want me to write about! Thanks again :)
 
 
Fern :) 
 
 
 
 p.s. I haven't got an upload schedule as of yet, and I may not, soooo keep your eyes peeled for more posts!
Also excuse my spelling errors if there are any!
And I apologise for the waves on some of the pictures, I don't know what happened but when I uploaded them onto my editing program (to add the water mark) they went all cray cray!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment