Thursday 14 January 2016

BEST LIP CARE EVER

Hello all,

It's that time of year again where the weather gets lower and the chances of my lips getting chapped are higher, meaning that your lips are in need of some love and tlc!
I tend to get chapped lips all year round so I have quite a collection of lip balms, and have found the ones that are bet for different occasions!  (it's unhealthy I have a legit obsession!)
Here are just a few of my collection
Whether or not you have chapped lips, I think it's important to always use lip balm to keep your lips soft and healthy and to prevent getting chapped lips in the future! 
I always have at least 3 types of lip care on me, one in the makeupbag, one in the pocket and another rolling around the bottom of my bag, so it's deffo a staple in my everyday life! 


Vaseline - the first of the collection. I have quite a few vaselines, because they're so small and easy to store! (as well as being bought those big tins of them for the last 3 Christmases)
Vaseline is great for when you've gone past the point of no return, when your lips are cracked and chapped and causing you pain and annoyance! Due to its very greasy and oily formula, it makes it perfect for a deep moisturise and can have your lips saved within a few days!
This product is also perfect because it comes in so many different types, for example the yellow one is especially for when you're in the sun, so it has SPF protection as well as lip therapy!

I personally love this product, my favourite being either the Aloe Vera one (green) or coconut (brown but not on the pic lol) because it really does nourish and moisturise your lips and makes them super soft and luscious! I keep these 3 vaselines on my makeup desk at all times, and use them everyday!


(left) medicated tangerine, (right) sweet mint, (top) coconut milk
EOS - A couple of years ago there was a MASSIVE hype about these cute little lip pods because Miley Cyrus used them in one  of her videos, so I obviously got on that bandwagon and got my hands on some!
Now I personally love these cuties because just look at them! They're so cute and pretty! (And they look super cute on my desk) As well as tasting AMAZING as they come in sooo many different flavours! Also they don't apply any colour, which I like, and they're so easy to apply without being too slippery or greasy, making them perfect for use under lipsticks.

As for the lip care part of them, I wouldn't say they're the best, because they can be very drying, about 15 minutes after applying them. Which is why a lot of people were disappointed with them when the hype first began.

My personal favourite for lip care, is the tangerine one (bottom left) because it contains a medical thing, that helps your lips. At first it does taste like medicine, however after a while you get used to it and it tastes amazing! This is also the best for getting rid of dry skin and fixing your lips, due to the medicine in it.
Taste wise, my favourite is the sweet mint (bottom right) because it's so minty and makes your lips zing and smells amazing.


Nivea- In my opinion, the best stick there is! I personally love these because of the creamy and smooth consistence and they glide on amazingly, making them perfect for everyday use. In addition to this they provide a really deep moisturise for your lips and make them really soft!

They come in so many different flavours, and some have tints to them so they add a really subtle colour. My favourites are the normal one, (the blue) and the fruity shine - peach (left) because the original is so nourishing and helps your lips so much, likewise so does the peach but it tastes and smells amazing!
Another great one is the hydro care (it's light blue) as it's waterproof and lasts so long!

peach, Dr rescue, pink punch
Baby lips - Finally, my not-so-secret obsession. Maybelline baby lips are AMAZING and a lot like the Nivea. (but the packaging is prettier)
They're so hydrating and amazing for everyday use, as they are such a good size you can keep them everywhere (I must have at least 3 dotted around the house and the rest on my desk) and the lids are really secure (always a good aspect in a lip balm)
In addition some of them are tinted which makes them even better because they colour and save your lips! I also love these cuties so much because the packaging is amazing and the flavours are the most wide spread I've ever seen!

My personal favourite is just the ordinary, not tinted, Dr rescue (middle) because it's nice and thick so it hydrates your lips amazingly and makes then really smooth and lush!
My fave tinted one is the pink punch (left) because the colour is really subtle but also soooo pretty and looks amazing to wear everyday!

One of the first posts I ever did was all about my baby lips so if you want to see my collection (it's grown a bit since then so I can do an updated one if you like??) check it out here !


Thats it for my top lip care, I honestly have at least one of these with me at all times, and I have them dotted all around the place and in ever bag I own!
I think it's very important to keep your lips hydrated and cared for as they can be sooo painful and annoying when they're chapped!

Let me know what your fave lip care is!

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed!
Fern :)


1 comment: