Monday 15 August 2016

HOW TO GROW STRONG AND HEALTHY NAILS

Hello all,

Recently I had false acrylic nails on, for prom and my holiday and my nails, which are normally stubs on the end of my fingers, managed to grow to a really nice length, as I wasn't able to bite them or pick at them. (as I usually would when bored or nervous) I'm totally obsessed with the idea of having long nails (I mean who doesn't want to be able to scratch their nose with their nail alone?!) but whenever my nails grow, they always end up weak and bendy, and never last very long! 
So I have been trying super hard to get them to strengthen up and I thought I'd share my tips and tricks with you! As we all want strong nails for the bright pastels of summer and the gorgeous berries of winter! Just you wait, you'll be cheering for our nails weight lifting at the 2020 olympics! (har har) 

First up: Nail strengtheners. These babies are the root source of all strength in your nails. These are amazing as they can be clear or tinted, so you can wear them under other nail varnish or on their own, so you don't have to worry about it being really obvious or tedious to keep applying. 
My personal favourite brand is Sally Hansen, they are slightly more expensive however they work so well and no other brands I've tried work as well as them, also they have so many different kinds to suit exactly what you want.
 My absolute fave is the 'Diamond strength' one (on the left) as it makes your nails so strong and also gives them a really nice shine. 

Next up: nail polish. The best way to grow your nails is to paint them so you don't want to ruin your manicure so it helps you to avoid picking them or biting them, also the strengtheners can be used underneath them. 
Another tip is to use bright colours (as shown above) or nail art, as if you do feel tempted to pick it, it will look odd or more obvious if it comes off, so hopefully you re-paint it or avoid chipping more. Also if you've got some fancy nail art that you worked hard on, you ideally want to keep it on for as long as possible. 
Further more, getting a gel manicure at a salon or simple using brands gel-style nail varnishes (brands such as avon, Sally Hansen and barry M, do gel nails that require no UV light) they are likely to last longer and less likely to come off. In addition to this, false acrylic or gel nails are a great idea if you want to grow your nails out, if you often bite them, like myself, as it completely takes that option away from you, especially if you've paid to get them done.

Finally, a great way to grow out your nails is to eliminate the temptation to put them in your mouth, whether that be to bite them or just a nervous thing, you want to avoid it, as the moisture will make them go very thin and bendy, so they're more likely to chip off. 
Other than those above, the best way to do that is to use a 'stop and grow' style concoction, that tastes like death in a bottle, and once painted on your nails every time you put your finger in your mouth you will be treated with a horrible taste and believe me you will not put your fingers in your mouth again! (personally this is my least favourite way, but it sure works) 

So, overall it's about having serious will power and the desire to grow them! It is difficult, and it will take a while to get them at a good strength and a length that you can deal with and maintain! No worries though, just remember that fake nails exist for a reason! (cos believe me my nails have been giving me grief for so long!) 

Thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed! Let me know your favourite way to grow your nails! 

Thanks again 
Fern :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment