Tuesday 23 August 2016

HIGH END MAKEUP THAT'S WORTH THE MONEY

Hello all,

As you may know, I love a good bargain (it's no secret) and I love to get the most out of my money, however there are some high-end makeup products that I would gladly splash that extra bit of cash on as the quality is so good and worth the extra money. 
Don't get me wrong, I love drugstore makeup and believe that most of it is just as good as your higher end makeup, likewise I do believe that some high-end makeup is not that great! 
So, the products I mention in this post are the ones I believe to be 100% worth your money, and you will not be disappointed! 


First up is my one true love, combining the perfect mix of eyeshadow and chocolate, Too faced really know the way to my heart with their Chocolate bar pallet
This costs £39, so it's quite pricey, however it's utter perfection. The colours are all so pretty as well as super pigmented, and you can literally create so many different looks from simple everyday ones to really dramatic. This has to be my favourite pallet I own, and it's lasted me so long as I haven't even hit pan yet! 
This pallet is 101% worth the money and needs to be a staple in your collection. 

Next up are MAC lipsticks. The two I have are the shades 'Angel' and 'Plumb dandy' and I love them! They're so creamy and so pigmented, also the shade range of lipsticks MAC do is crazy, there are so many so there's deffo a colour for everyone, and at £15.50 each I think they're so worth the money. The size of the bullet (the lipstick bit) is really big as well, so they will last you a long time! 

Up next is (I apologise for the very horrible picture of my very well loved beauty blender) the famous Beauty Blender. I have raved about this sponge so many times, like so many others it's no surprise I would include it. 
The beauty blender is so amazing for blending foundation, concealer and whatever products you wish to use it with, it makes your foundation look flawless without getting cakey, and even though there are so many cheaper dupes, I personally think the beauty blender is the best and the most squishy! This little gift from God costs £16 (from boots and beauty bay) and will not let you down!


At the slightly more pricey £23.50, we have Dallas bronzer by Benefit.
We've all heard of the infamous 'Hoola' however for me, Dallas is the way to go.
As I have very fair skin, it's hard to find a drugstore bronzer that isn't too warm or muddy, but Dallas is perfect. It's right in the middle of warm and cool, with slightly pinky undertones which make it perfect for bronzing my vampire skin, also if you had darker/ more tanned skin it would be a really pretty blush!
It's also very pigmented, lasts all day, comes with the amazing little brush and the pan size is really deep, making it, or any of the other benefit box bronzers/blushes, perfect for those who want a staple product they can use and keep using. (perfect for those just starting out with makeup or want something that does the job)

My absolute ride or die is up next; if you want brows that last all day, come rain or shine, and guarantee to get peoples heads turning and them thinking "Damn, that's some fleeky brows' then you gotta have Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow pommade.
This beauty is £15 and no joke is worth the money and so much more. I've used mine everyday for over a year and I still haven't hit the bottom, and believe me I don't go light on the brows.
The pigmentation is amazing, it lasts all day (waterproof included - tried and tested by yours truly) and you won't run out 1 week after buying it, making it a staple in my makeup collection.

Up next is the amazing Mary-lou Manizer by The balm cosmetics.
It's no secret that this highlight is beautiful, as it's so highly raved about within the beauty world and I shall say it again: It's AMAZING! The colour is the perfect gold, as it's not too warm or too cool, it's the right neutral gold to suit every skin tone. Also it's so pigmented and not chalky or pasty at all! 
This costs £17.50, and I know some people say it's drugstore, as you can get it in Superdrug, however the prices are not, what I would say, drugstore friendly, however it's deffo worth the money! 

Following the highlighter theme I've got going, my next worthy high end product is MAC mineralised skinfinish highlighter in Soft and Gentle, which sells for £24.
I love this product, as the glow it gives is amazing, it's not too in yo face but it's still popping. (10/10 for english there) It's a beautiful warm gold shade but still doesn't look too dark on your skin. Again it's very pigmented and blends beautifully, so it never looks harsh! An amazing product for those who want a staple highlighter that will last you a long time, as the pan is a good size and also raised. 

(Can you tell I'm highlighter obsessed) Up next is the one and only Champagne Pop by Becca X Jaclyn Hill, and good Lord it is the glow of the Gods. If you wanna glow and be seen from the moon you need this. This is a very luxurious product, as it's not cheap, at £32 a piece you gotta want it, and for me it's totally worth it. (and not just because it's by my queen Jaclyn)
The pigmentation is crazy, it's just mad good. Also the colour is gorgeous and the PERFECT champagne colour, unlike anything I've ever tried before. It is a lot of money, but I honestly think it's worth it.

Next is pallet perfection. I swear the God's and Goddesses that are Tarte cosmetics heard my prayers and made this pallet, it's utter perfection. It is the Tartlette amazonian clay matte pallet, and costs £33.
With this pallet you have 12 amazing cool-tone matte shades, that are super pigmented, super buttery, creamy and super blendable. 
The pallet is amazing as it has your everyday browns as well as darker browns and the most gorgeous pink/purples, perfect for you green or brown eyed babes out there. 
This is another one of my go-to pallets, and I 100% recommend it, deffo worth the money, I mean look at the size of that mirror! 

Last but by no means least, we have the contour King from Anastasia Beverly hills. This is the Contour Kit in Light-Medium, and it costs £39.
This pallet is honestly perfect for everyone, as they have 3 different tones, light to medium, medium tan and tan to dark (I think that's right) so the bronzing shades are catered to suit the skin tone. For example the light one has mainly cool tone ashy contour shades, perfect for that chizzeled look. 
All the powders are so pigmented and blend so easily, making it next to impossible to look muddy, like some drugstore bronzers do. Also it has the amazing highlighting shades as well as the shimmer shade, putting all your necessities in one place! 

Thankyou very much for reading I hope you enjoyed! Let me know what your favourite high-end products are and why you love them! 

Thanks again!
Fern :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment