Monday 13 April 2015

Beach bum - Holiday in Newquay

Hello all,

So last week we (me and my family) went on holiday for the week in Cornwall. (Newquay to be precise) The apartment we stayed in was literally on the beach. A 20 walk down a slope and 3 steps and BAM right on the beach. Safe to say I had an amazing time, and took advantage of the beautiful surroundings. I also learnt that the zoom on my camera is so good!
I thought it would be nice to share with you what we did and also some of the pictures I took!



As soon as we arrived we went straight out to find the best fish and chips shop, typical of us British. (and lets be honest who doesn't lone chips!) And it was then that we learnt that Newquay and wind are very good friends. Seriously I could have flew! Also that seagulls will rest at nothing to get what they want, which is most likely whatever food you have in your hand.

On the first day, we took a costal walk into the heart of Newquay and had a look around all the shops, which were mainly surf shops, which means bracelets, shorts and big jumpers! (my favourite)
In addition, on our walk home we got to see some people being rescued! I know that shouldn't sound exciting but it was very! They'd clearly gone into one of the bays when the tide was out, lost track on time and been caught and stuck in it when the tides came back in! So, the air rescue helicopter had to hover and a guy had to go out on the rope thing and get the people! It was crazy!
Thanks to my zoom I managed to get some good pictures!


On the second day we ventured up this cliff that was just off the beach we were staying on. It was quite a treck but the view was breath-taking. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus 'life's a climb, but the view is great'
I took great joy in taking as many photos as I could up there, and took advantage of the background for some posey pictures!





On Monday, as it was a bank holiday and all car parks and roads would be rammed, we decided to walk along another cliff/costal route to get to Water Gate Bay. The walk was beautiful, and very hot!
However once we were at the beach it was freezing! I've never been sat on a beach that was so windy wherever you went! But I did get a pretty nice hot chocolate out of the chilly weather!
 
Tuesday, we went into a town called Padstow and had the worlds best pasties! (check my instagram for the beautiful picture) I also got this beautiful henna on my hand (which stressed me out beyond belief as I didn't want to smudge it! Also we had an amazing dinner at the local pizza express! 


I apologise for the bad pic but it's very hard to take it with one hand and a big camera
 
On Wednesday we went to Truro to do some SHOPPING! YAAAY! I do love a good look around boots and superdrug! I did pick up a few things on a 3 for 2 as well so, even better! We did then go out to a National Trust place for tea and cake! (a typical move for the Clarke family) 

Our final day, Thursday, We went to Lanhydrock, and I melted. It was roughly 21 degrees Celsius and I was in black jeans, and a black jumper, and we were walking up hills and around in the open sun! However when we got back to the beach it was much windier and cooler. As it was our last night we wanted to watch the sunset on the beach, and it did our expectation justice! It was beautiful!




Finally on Friday we travelled the long journey back home! The traffic was crazy so instead of 6-8 hours it took us 10! And once we were home there was a lovely HUGE spider waiting in the hallway for us!

But overall I had an amazing time and holiday and I miss it already!

Thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed reading about what we did! Please follow me and come for a chat with me on my social media if you want!

Thanks again!
Fern :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment