Friday 17 April 2015

How to revise: My tips and tricks

Hello all,

Exam season is dawning and I can say I'm soo not ready. Most people I know have been revising for the last 2 months and then there's me, writing a blog post when I should be learning all about science and worrying about my marks.
I only have 3 exams, which are all science so I'm not too worried as I understand it quite well, but it's still important to check over everything!
Everyone has a way to revise, but I find it so hard to actually focus and process any of the information.
So, I thought it may be helpful to tell you how I attempt to revise and how I prepare for Exams.

Revision guides

So for the exam system my school uses (Edexcel) they make revision guides that have all the info that we have to learn, which makes them great to revise from! You can buy them from Waterstones and online and they aren't that expensive either!
I think they're really helpful as they have pictures and jokes in, which is right up my street!

Revision Cards

EEEK! I just love revision cards. They make learning key words so easy and they look good as well! I like to use these for key words (like I said) and also to draw diagrams and small bits of info on.
These are really easy to make with card or you can buy them from WHSmiths and other stationary shops like that! And I like to take great joy in collecting as many as I can!


Coloured Pens

I think it's important to make your notes look nice, so you want to look at them, so you can learn from them, that's why I like to write in coloured pens and use highlighters etc... So I always make sure I have lots handy when revising



Know what you have to learn

I think its good to know what is going to be in your exam, for example a check list of what you need to know. Because there's nothing worse than spending aaaages trying to learn something and then it not even being on the test!


Distractions

When revising I always end up on my phone. It starts off as 'just checking' or 'I haven't been on in a while I need a break, so I try to keep anything that could distract me as far away as possible! However after a while the white paint on the wall soon becomes more interesting than what I'm trying to learn so I always make sure to have a break...

Breaks!

My favourite part of revising! After a while your brain starts to not process what your doing, so it's important to have a small break and work in intervals. So 20 minutes of hard learning then a 10 minute break. In the breaks I like to walk around aimlessly for a bit and maybe have a quick look on my phone!

Snacks!

Finally, snacks! I cannot concentrate on an empty stomach! Even if I've only just eaten I like to have a drink with me when revising, whether it be water or tea, and a little snack, normally some cut up apple or some sweets! I think it's helpful to keep your brain working!


So, if you have exams soon these few tips help! GOOD LUCK to everyone who has them I hope you do amaaaaazing! Let me know what your revision must haves are!

Thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed! Please follow me and follow my social media!

Thanks again!
Fern :)

No comments:

Post a Comment