Wednesday 25 February 2015

Maybelline Mascaras review

Hello all,

recently I bought a couple of new Maybelline mascaras from boots and realised I have quite a few (4) and thought I'd do a quick lil review on them as some are my holy grail and others...not so much.



3/4 of these are the 'volume express' ones and the other is a new 'lash multiplying mascara'
So the ones I have (from left to right) are 'Big eyes volume express', 'The colossal Go extreme leather black', 'Lash Sensational' and 'the falsies' And all are in black and cost around £7.99 (I think)
(sometimes you can get brown ones or like coloured ones)

For starters I really like the packaging of all of them. especially the end 3, which are all very similar. The colour of them are all amazing, super black, which I love for a mascara. (duh)
 However they can be a bit temperamental as the thing in the bottle that pulls the excess mascara off can break easily, and I've had to throw away a few (a moment of silence for them...) because it broke and I've ended up with black gunk everywhere! 

I normally use a couple of these together as that gives me a look that I love, without having super clumpy lashes. They are all long lasting and hold the curl (as I curl my eye lashes)

The 'Big eyes' is one of my favourite. It has two different wands on either end, one for upper lashes and the other for lower. The upper wand is reasonably big, but not massive, and is slightly twisted in the middle, which allows your lashes to be coated fully and gives such good volume and separation, which makes for perfect lashes!
The lower wand is very thin and small, so its perfect to not get clumpy lower lashes. I love using this however you do have to go over your lower lashes a few times to get enough mascara on, but that's just me. I find when I use it, that its best to put mascara on lower lashes with the big wand, and spread it around with the smaller one, and it works a charm.
As there isn't a lot of product in the ends, as they're small, I found it ran out quite fast, but I still use the 'empty' wand to separate my lower lashes.


'The Colossal Go extreme leather black' is really good for volume and getting your lashes coated in mascara. I love it for that reason. When I first used this I found that it made my lashes feel really wet and they went a bit clumpy, but over time, as it ran out a bit it got a lot better. I personally wouldn't use this on its own, I like to pair it with a lengthening mascara to make my lashes look how I like.
I do really like the wand on this because it's smaller at the tip and gets fatter in the middle, which is good for getting in the inner corner. Also the stick of the wand has bumps in it which allows some of the product to be pulled off, so you don't get loads.


'The falsies' is very well known, as a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube rave about it, and it is worth the raves! It's brilliant. the wand fits perfects on your lashes so you can cover all of them. It's also really lengthening and volumising, it makes them clumpy, but not bad clumpy, if that makes sense? The wand also bends, which is really good for covering root to tip! I'm now on my second tube of this so it lasts a really long time!
I also think it's good for lower lashes as it fits perfectly on them and doesn't clump them up. I love to pair this with one or two of the others to get even more volume, but this is my Go-to mascara!
Also I just love the packaging and the cute little lace pattern on it!


Finally is the 'lash sensational' this is Maybelline's newest mascara and they claim that it 'multiplies' your lashes as well as adding volume length and separation, which is an awful lot to claim. So, I wanted to try it out for myself. (and it was on offer) personally, first of all I really wasn't impressed, it made me look like SpongeBob with about 3 eyelashes, and was really thick and clumpy. However I did try it again using 'the falsies' first and it was actually really good. But sometimes if I use too much it goes very clumpy and that's not a good look. It could just be because I have a specific way I like my lashes to look, but first impressions weren't great.
I really like the shape of the wand because its got small and big bits sticking off to add volume, and it fits to the shape of my eye really well.
I also love the packaging as the colour is really pretty!
If you have this and it works really well, please tell me as I'd love for it to be great on me too!

Overall, I think Maybelline Mascaras are really good quality for a drugstore product and they have such a wide range that there's likely to be one that's perfect for everyone! I think I'm going to buy a few for of them, as I know they have a lot more and try them out as well, because I love these so much!

Thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed! please follow and feel free to follow my social media!

thanks again
Fern :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment